Sunday, June 7, 2009

Resurrection!!!!

Temperature: -65.1C
Wind Chill: -84.6C
Wind Speed: 8.1 kts

Cully's a genius! Over the weekend, he ripped my camera apart, and fixed it! Now the sensor isn't blocked anymore, and it will actually take the picture!!

When I went out to work the next morning, I decided to spend a little bit of time on the roof, and in front of ARO, familiarizing myself with my camera again. I happened to be up on the roof while the Lidar was in the middle of its rotation, so I got pictures with a couple different laser angles.



The Southern Cross was right above the building, so that was a good follow up...



While I was outside, a small aurora showed up, so I went to the front of ARO and, with the moon being as bright as it was, tried to figure out exactly what shutter speed to use...I could have possibly overexposed these pictures



Taking a look at the pictures once both myself and my camera had defrosted, I realized that the pictures were a tad bit on the blurry side. Thinking that I might have actually damaged the lens during the camera's premature dismount off the tripod, Cully took another look at the camera. He readjusted the manual focus ring on the lens, labeled a couple set points, and handed the camera back. These were a couple pictures that I took yesterday...



I need to spend some more time with the camera outside, weather permitting of course, but I'm really happy with what I have so far!

Thank you Cully!!!

Hope everyone is staying warm!
Capt. Splash

No comments: